Frequently Asked Questions
Who can join this program?
Our services are available to Asian American and Pacific Islander students here at Laney College, as well as those interested in exploring the social and educational issues facing this campus community. Please visit with our staff in the Laney Library, 3rd floor to learn more about the services offered through APASS.
Is there is a cost to become a member?
No, our program services are completely free of charge. You still have to pay your class fees.
How can you become an APASS student?
Follow these three easy steps:
1. Visit or call our APASS Office at (510) 464-3203 to set up an appointment to meet with the APASS Counselor. We are located in the Gym Building, Room 112 (Side of the Gym facing the pool on the ground floor)
2. If you’re able to take APASS classes, we will ask you to complete an application. If you cannot download it, come by our APASS office to pick one up!
3. Attend APASS Orientation (Dates to be announced at a later time)
What are the benefits of joining APASS?
- Free tutoring
- One-on-one attention from the APASS counselor to help with academic, personal, and career counseling
- Invitations to special APASS activities, including college campus visits, workshops, and other events
- Creating networks among your fellow students and Laney faculty
What APASS classes are offered?
Look for our APASS schedule and see if you need to take those classes and they match with your schedule.