Assessment Center Home
Assessment Center Home
Welcome to the Assessment Center
You must submit an application for admission before making an appointment for assessment testing. Please wait at least 24 hours after submitting your application for admission, before scheduling an appointment for assessment.
The English, English as a Second Language (ESL) and Math
Assessments help you to determine the appropriate English, ESL and math courses for your current learning needs. Testing is required before enrollment into English or to enter into math courses unless you have completed the prerequisite course/courses at another college or university. Testing is recommended before enrollment into any ESL course.
While the English, ESL and Math Assessments are taken on a computer, the ESL written test is not computerized at this time. If you are taking both the English and Math assessments, please allow up to 2 – 3 hours to complete the process. Students taking the ESL assessment test please allow up to 4 hour for the entire process.
- All students must arrive 15 minutes before test.
- You must bring valid identification with you on the day of your assessment and orientation.
- No visitors or children are allowed in the Testing Area during the testing session.
- No Food/Drinks are permitted in the Testing Area.
- All electronic devises (i.e. cell phones, tablets, laptops, calculations, etc.) must be turned off during orientation and testing period.
- Assessment results so not keep anyone from enrolling in college or any college program however, students must meet prerequisites as stated in the college catalog.
- Prepare ahead of time for the assessment using the “Study Guide” link on the Assessment page and use resources such as https://www.khanacademy.org/.
You cannot “fail” the assessment tests or be denied admission to the college. The tests are a measurement of current skill level only, not of intelligence or aptitude. There is no cost for Assessment
Disabilities Students Program and Services (DSPS)
Who need accommodations should first contact (DSPS) at (510) 464-3428, room #E251 for more information. After receiving the Academic Accommodations Authorization form from DSPS. Please contact Blanca Montes de Oca at (510) 464-3260 or email email@example.com in the Assessment Center in Advance to arrange for accommodations.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 464-3259
STUDENTS MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR ORIENTATION/ASSESSMENT
Note: Please See Assessment test dates and times listed below: