Laney College Mail Services provides the sorting and delivery of all incoming USPS, intercampus mail, and UPS and FedEx package deliveries. We also process and apply postage to all the daily outgoing USPS mail.
- Process outgoing mail:
- Daily Outgoing USPS Mail Standard Cut Off time is 2:30 PM (call for exceptions)
- ALL USPS outgoing mail requiring postage must include the department, division or program name in the mailed from tag line. Postage will not be added to envelopes without this information.
- Large mailings over 200 prices require at least one day notice. Departments must contact the mailroom in advance.
- Distribute incoming mail for faculty and staff
- Notify the Mailroom of expected deliveries that require special handling, i.e. biological specimens, special deliveries
- Maintain and update faculty and staff mailboxes
- Intercampus mail exchange between campuses is delivered and picked up by the Peralta Community College District Mail Service once a day.
- There is NO SHIPPING SERVICE for UPS or FedEx except for boxes with a printed, pre-paid authorized return label adhered to the package (entitled RS or ARS label). These labels are usually supplied by the original sender.
Laney College, 900 Fallon Street, Tower Lobby, Oakland, CA 94605
The mailroom faculty, program and department mailboxes are located in the Administration Building (Tower) Lobby.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 3 PM
Mail from off campus via USPS to a department should follow the appropriate address format:
Name of Person
900 Fallon Street, Building and room number
Oakland, CA 94607
Glenn Pace, Interim Principal Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org, (510)464-3120