The Career Center assists students and community citizens make informed career decisions and develop marketable employment skills for future possibilities.
The career center integrates current technology with effective career development practices and employment services in order to provide excellent services, events, activities, programs, and resources to assist students and community citizens in choosing careers and seeking opportunities.
Introducing Laney College’s job search database Eagle Higher. Current and former Laney students can create a profile to access hundreds of relevant job listings (all you need to create your profile are your name, Student ID #, and email). Employers can post job openings and leverage our pool of talented and well trained students and graduates.
Service Area Student Learning Outcomes (SA-SLO’s)
- Students will identify possible careers that would match their strengths, personality types, interests, skills, and/or values.
- Students will join a mentorship program, attend career development events, and/or apply information interviewing techniques for in-depth major or occupation exploration.
- Students will experientially learn new careers through joining an internship and/or a job shadowing program(s).
- Students will market themselves for employment opportunities through effective resume/cover letter writing and interviewing skills.
- Students will use the Laney college’s Eagle Higher CSM job database to seek local employment opportunities.
- Local employers will connect and hire recent Laney college graduates through posting their job openings at the Laney college’s Eagle Higher CSM database.
- Local organizations will collaborate with Laney college’s career center to create effective career development and employment related programs, events, activities, and resources for students and community citizens.
- Individual, Group, and Online Career Counseling Services
- Career Assessment Administrations and Interpretations
- Career Development and Employment Skills Workshops/Webinars
- Local Company Tours
- Local Company’s Profile Information
- Update on Metropolitan Regional Workforce and Economics profile
- Laney college’s Eagle Higher CSM Job Database
- Career Briefs related to Laney college’s majors
- Career Library
- Career Development and Employment Events, Programs, Activities, and Resources
For employer services, please contact Raya Zion, Employment Program Manager at (510) 464-3530 or email at email@example.com.
Please click the Transfer Center to view transfer related information.