Classified Senate Home
The Classified Senate is building towards Elections of new Senate Representatives…
The Classified Senate is currently doing Educational Outreach to inform Laney College Classifieds on the importance of a strong Senate to represent and advocate for their interests.
Our goal is to increase Classified engagement in the Senate. Below is a list of the ways the Senate promotes the interests of Laney College Classified Professionals.
- Participates in the college’s governance structure
- Provides a body representing the needs, concerns, and viewpoints of the Classified Staff other than contract bargaining agreement issues
- Provides a centralized means of communication between Classified Staff and the rest of the college community
- Selects from its membership representatives to serve on governance and college committees
- Articulate the professionalism of the Classified Staff so that is it properly recognized and valued
- Provides an opportunity for enhancing the democratic process of governance
- Provides an opportunity to develop individual leadership amongst the Classified Staff as well as increase the professional standards of its members
- Promotes and supports activities that develop or increase the skills, productivity, and professionalism of the Classified Staff
- Promotes the interests of the Classified Staff in the development and formulation of policy and practice related but not limited to the following: selection and retention of administration; staff development education; facilities and services; student/classified and faculty/classified relations; finance and budget.
The Results of the Classified Senate Survey are in!
The Senate Survey closed Friday, September 18th, and the following top results were obtained from Laney Classifieds.
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Hiring more full-time classifieds
- Pay increases
- No more 4/10 summer work schedules
- More classified representation on shared governance bodies
- Actual shared governance
These items will become the top focus/goals of the new Classified Senate Body that will be seated following the upcoming Senate elections.