Welcome to the Laney College Counseling Department
3rd Floor of the Tower Building
900 Fallon Street, Oakland, CA 94607
510-464-3152 or 3154
Summer 2016 Schedule
June 1st & 2nd, 2016
8:00am to 4:30pm
Friday, June 3, 2016
8:00am-12:00 NOON (Office staff only , no counseling services)
June 6th-9th, 2016 (Monday-Thursday)
8:00am to 4:30pm
Friday, June 10, 2016 CLOSED
June 13-Aug 11, 2016
Counseling office open Monday through Thursday ONLY ( 8:00am to 5:00pm)
Fall 2016 Regular Schedule
Wednesday 8:00AM-7:00PM (NEW evening hours)
Counseling department schedule is subject to change, please call 510-464-3152 or 3154 for the latest updated schedule.
Please see 2 options to see a counselor: Appointment or Drop in
Assessment Center: Laney College New Student Online Orientation
(Before your online registration date, please check to see if your class has a prerequisite. Prerequisites must be cleared prior to enrollment. Plan ahead and take care of this as early as possible to avoid waiting in a long line and possible delays to your enrollment in important classes.
Please read the “Pre-requisite Clearance Process information” before submitting the form.
Laney College Student Success & Support Services Exemption Process
(New Student HOLD – click above link for form)
A student may be exempt from SSSP services including assessment, orientation, counseling or advising (including Student Educational Plan SEP) based on one of the following criteria:
- Completed an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college.
- Completed college orientation and assessment or math & English at another accredited college or university.
- Taking a class that is not going to be used for career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate from a Peralta Community College District.
- Need to take one course legally mandated for your employment or licensure standard.
- Fill out the “Laney College Student Success & Support Services ” form and drop it off in the Laney College Counseling Department T-301. Forms CAN be faxed (510)986-6927. Do not email forms.
- You must attach proof documentation.
- Your request will not be reviewed if documentation are not attached and/or if the form is incomplete.
- Please allow a minimum of 1-2 working days for processing time.
- You will only be contacted if your request is denied. An email notification will be sent to you.
Other Counseling Programs at Laney College
- Laney College Transfer Center Services
- Employment Services Center
- Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS)
- Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS)
- The Laney CalWORKs Program “LaneyWORKs”
- Gateway to College @ Laney