Welcome to the Laney College Counseling Department
3rd Floor of the Tower Building
900 Fallon Street, Oakland, CA 94607
510-464-3152 or 3154
Counseling Department closed
12/15/16 (Department meeting 12:30-4:30)
Counseling will reopen 1/3/2017
Monday – Friday (8:00AM – 4:30PM)
(NO evening hours)
Evening hours 1/18/2017 -2/3/2017
Monday – Thursday (8:00AM -7:00PM)
Spring 2017 Counseling Department Schedule
Counseling department schedule is subject to change, please call 510-464-3152 or 3154 for the latest updated schedule.
Please see 2 options to see a counselor: Appointment or Drop in
Assessment Center: Laney College New Student Online Orientation
(Before your online registration date, please check to see if your class has a prerequisite. Prerequisites must be cleared prior to enrollment. Plan ahead and take care of this as early as possible to avoid waiting in a long line and possible delays to your enrollment in important classes.
Please read the “Pre-requisite Clearance Process information” before submitting the form.
Laney College Student Success & Support Services Exemption Process
(New Student HOLD – click above link for form)
A student may be exempt from SSSP services including assessment, orientation, counseling or advising (including Student Educational Plan SEP) based on one of the following criteria:
- Completed an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college.
- Completed college orientation and assessment or math & English at another accredited college or university.
- Taking a class that is not going to be used for career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate from a Peralta Community College District.
- Need to take one course legally mandated for your employment or licensure standard.
- Fill out the “Laney College Student Success & Support Services ” form and drop it off in the Laney College Counseling Department T-301. Forms CAN be faxed (510)986-6927. Do not email forms.
- You must attach proof documentation.
- Your request will not be reviewed if documentation are not attached and/or if the form is incomplete.
- Please allow a minimum of 1-2 working days for processing time.
- You will only be contacted if your request is denied. An email notification will be sent to you.
Other Counseling Programs at Laney College
- Laney College Transfer Center Services
- Career Counseling Services & Resources
- Employment Services Center
- Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS)
- Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS)
- The Laney CalWORKs Program “LaneyWORKs”
- Gateway to College @ Laney