Course Search in ASSIST
What is a Course Search?
- A summary in ASSIST that reports courses at other CA community colleges.
- When faculty choose to propose a course that is for CSU-GE Breadth, IGETC or major requirements or want to update their outlines, they can search other CA community colleges to locate outlines.
How to do a Course Search?
- Start with Web site: http://info.assist.org
- Place cursor on Database
- Click on ASSIST Maintenance Reports
- Click on Click here to go to the ASSIST Maintenance Reports
- Type Username: LANEYFAC
- Type Password: AQUAMARINE
- On left menu bar click on Course Search
- Under “institutions” select and click on All Community College Campuses
- Search in Course Title, e.g. type “Shakespeare”
- Optional to type minimum and maximum units
- Scroll down, click on Continue
- To view outline, click on pdf (some outlines have not been submitted electronically, if not Articulation Officer can get from community college if not a CurricUNET participant)
- To view General Education Area for IGETC and CSU-GE, click on curric
- Remember to “Log-Off” when finished
Laura A. Bollentino,
900 Fallon St.
Oakland, CA 94607