Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS)
Main office: Building E, Room 251
Hours: Monday through Thursday 9AM to 4PM; Friday 9AM to 12PM.
WELCOME TO LANEY COLLEGE – DISABLED STUDENTS PROGRAMS AND SERVICES!
Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) is the campus office responsible for determining and providing required academic accommodations for students with disabilities. Use of services is voluntary and offered to assist students with disabilities who are attending Laney College. New students please call the Disability Resource Center (DRC) to make an intake appointment.
Who is eligible for DSPS services?
DSPS serves students whose disabilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Learning disability
- Mobility impairment
- Stroke or head trauma
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Psychological disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD)
- Other physical disabilities
How to Access DSPS Services:
1. File an application to enroll or be a currently enrolled student at Laney College.
2. Complete orientation and a Placement Test.
3. For students with a verified disability, bring documentation to the DSPS office.
4. Meet with a DSPS Counselor.
DSPS serves as a support system for students that interested in pursuing the following objectives:
- Certificate Programs
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree
- Transfer programs to four year institutions
- Basic skills classes
- Enrichment classes for job training