Building Efficiency for a Sustainable Tomorrow (BEST) Center
About the Center
Initiated by the Environmental Control Technology department at Laney College, the BEST Center supports faculty & staff of public, post-secondary career & technical education programs in HVAC, building automation, building performance and facilities/energy management. Education for building technicians continues to be vital towards energy conservation, reduced dependence on fossil fuels, and lower operating costs for building owners and operators. As our energy future and building science evolve, so do the needs of instructors and programs which seek to prepare the next generation of high-performance building technicians.
BEST’s Network of Colleges gratefully acknowledges the support of the National Science Foundation.
Center & Network Activities
These include development of BEST’s website www.bestctr.org to share:
- a directory of participating schools, programs & industry advisors
- strategies for best classroom practices
- curriculum/program design exchange
- project- & problem-based learning opportunities
- teaching lab specifications and photos
- regional/national workshops or networking events
- online forum for discussions and professional development
- job/career opportunities for students and faculty
Instructor Survey and Membership
If you haven’t had a chance to take the instructor survey to let us know how this network could best serve you, please take the survey. If you would like to join the Network, send your request via email or by phone to the program coordinator listed below.
See www.bestctr.org for the latest info.
If you have questions about the Network or would like to become involved, please contact Larry Chang, BEST Center project manager:
900 Fallon Street, Room T-807
Oakland CA 94607