Faculty Evaluations Home
Click here for a printable handout: directions-for-evaluation-of-part-time-instructors-sept-2016
Directions for Evaluation of Part–Time or Tenured Instructors – Fall 2016
The Faculty Evaluator is responsible for completing and/or collecting and submitting all of the following five documents.
A complete evaluation consists of:
- A Faculty Classroom Observation-Evaluation Form completed by the evaluator. The evaluator should observe the class period for at least one hour.
- A set of Student Evaluations (first, type up the student comments. Then send the forms to Ann Childress at the district office with the appropriate cover sheet). The Student Evaluation Summary will be sent to you via e-mail. Please forward the e-mail containing the Student Evaluation Summary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Give the evaluee a copy of the typed student comments and a copy of the histogram report. Do not give the evaluee a copy of the handwritten student comments. (We need to make sure that the student comments are truly confidential.)
- An Evaluee’s Self-Evaluation Report Form completed by the evaluee. The evaluee also submits the following to the evaluator as part of their self-evaluation: the syllabus, a listing of all assignments, one sample test, and a description of student assessment method(s) used (see Faculty Evaluation Handbook, p. 45).
- An Administrative Evaluation Form completed by the dean.
- A Summary Report Form completed by the evaluator. You will need all four of the other forms to be done before you complete the Summary Report. Comment on the class observation, the student evaluations, the administrative evaluation, and the self-evaluation (including comments on the syllabus and class materials submitted). Make some overall comments and choose an overall rating.
Things to Know:
- All evaluation forms can be found here: http://www.laney.edu/wp/faculty-evaluations/home/evaluation-forms/
- Student evaluation forms (that students fill out) can be found in T-706. If there are no student evaluation forms there, check with Christy Blue in T-703.
- Evaluation documents for Fall 2016 are due by November 22, 2016.
- Turn in evaluation documents to Christy Blue in the Office of Instruction. Please hand-carry them to Christy’s office (T-703). Do not put them in inter-campus mail or the mailboxes in the Laney Tower, as these are not secure.
- Please turn in originals, not photocopies.
- All of the documents should be word-processed. Please make sure to answer the questions in detail.
- Make sure to get signatures for all forms. (This is the most common mistake!)
- The evaluator should collect all of these items and turn them in as soon as possible. The documents can be submitted at different times as they are completed. Please submit the signed classroom observation form soon after this evaluation occurs. Please keep electronic copies of all forms for your records, just in case.
- Triple check to be sure all forms are filled out completely and all signatures are in place. You will be notified of incomplete packets with completion instructions.
- Cheli will be checking the documents for completeness and populating a spreadsheet with information on what has been done so far. Periodic status updates will be sent out via e-mail.
- If you are a part-time instructor, you will get a stipend of $120 per evaluation (3 maximum) for your efforts.
- Part-time instructors cannot evaluate full-time instructors. However, full-time tenure-track instructors can evaluate full-time tenured instructors.
Evaluation Forms and other information
Laney Faculty Evaluations website:
This website has the forms, the directions, and the Faculty Evaluations Policies and Procedures Handbook.
Faculty Evaluations Policies and Procedures Handbook:
This handbook has all of the rules for the evaluation process. Part-time and tenured instructor evaluations are discussed on pages 33-52.
Questions? E-mail Cheli Fossum: email@example.com