Welcome to the Laney College Faculty Senate Web Page!
The Faculty Senate represents the interests of Laney College Faculty in their mission to better serve students.
Senators are elected to represent the various departments and discipline clusters within the college.
The Faculty Senate makes recommendations to the college and or district administration with respect to academic and professional matters as it deems appropriate. Listed below are the “10+1″ topic areas within the the Faculty Senate’s purview:
More information can be found on the Statewide ASCCC website in the Quick Links listed at the right.)
The 10 + 1
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
2. Degree and certificate requirements.
3. Grading policies.
4. Educational program development.
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
6. College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities.
9. Processes for program review.
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.