Faculty Senate Scholarship
LANEY COLLEGE FACULTY SENATE SCHOLARSHIP
Two scholarships for $1000 will be awarded to a Laney College student who is currentlyenrolled in at least 6 semester units at Laney (Spring 2013). Applicants must also plan to be enrolled at an accredited four-year college/university during the Fall 2013 term.
To encourage Laney students to pursue a career in education, with the hope that some of these students will return to Laney College as future faculty members.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
1. Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in education (i.e., in teaching,
counseling, librarianship, etc.).
2. Applicant must have completed at least 40 semester units that are transferable to a four-year
college with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 by the end of the Fall 2012 term, and be
“transfer eligible” by the end of the Spring 2013 term.
3. Applicant must be enrolled at a four-year college for the Fall 2013 term. Documentation to
verify admission status at a four-year college for Fall 2013 will be required of semi-finalists
in May 2013.
4. Applicant must have completed at least 24 semester units at Laney College by the end of Fall
5. Applicant must be currently enrolled in at least six units at Laney College.
Scholarship Application Process:
The scholarship application packet can be picked up at the Library Information Desk on the Laney campus, or downloaded from the Faculty Senate website (http://www.laney.edu/faculty- senate). Completed application packets should be returned to the Office of Student Learning, Eagle Village 1, no later than 4:00 P.M. on Tuesday, April 9, 2013.
A completed application packet should include the general application form, which includes a personal essay, two letters of recommendation with at least one letter from a Laney faculty member, and college transcripts if some college work has been completed outside the Peralta District.
The screening committee will interview semi-finalists during the month of April 2013 If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact: Evelyn Lord (Library, 464-3496,
∗ Awarded at $500 per year for two years. Second year payment is contingent on completion of 24 units with a minimum of 2.0 gpa.