Faculty Senate Scholarship
Start your contributions to the Laney Faculty Senate Scholarship today: Payroll Deduction Form
About the Scholarship
- Description: Four scholarships for $750 each will be awarded to Laney College students who are currently enrolled in at least 6 semester units at Laney (Spring 2017). Applicants must also plan to be enrolled at an accredited four-year college/university during the Fall 2017 term.
- Purpose:: To encourage Laney students to pursue a career in education, with the hope that some of these students will return to Laney College as future faculty members.
- Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant must intend to pursue a professional career in education (i.e., in teaching, counseling, librarianship, etc.).
- Applicant must have completed at least 40 semester units that are transferable to a four-year college with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 by the end of the Fall 2016 term, and be “transfer eligible” by the end of the Spring 2017 term.
- Applicant must be enrolled at a four-year college for the Fall 2017 term. Documentation to verify admission status at a four-year college for Fall 2017 will be required of semi-finalists in May 2017.
- Applicant must have completed at least 24 semester units at Laney College by the end of Fall 2016.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in at least six units at Laney College.