Peralta Card/ HigherOne
Laney College has partnered with HigherOne, Inc., a financial services company, to implement a new method of Financial Aid disbursement. The Peralta/HigherOne MasterCard Debit Card is used for activating a refund preference for Financial Aid Disbursements (Grants and Loans). Do Not Throw Away the Card!
UPDATE YOUR MAILING AND EMAIL ADDRESS
The new PeraltaCard will be mailed to each student’s current address on file with Peralta Community College District. It is critical that all students update their mailing address.
Please Activate your card as soon as you receive the card by using the following three simple steps:
- Visit the website: www.PeraltaCard.com
- Set up – Enter your card number to get started.
- Choose the refund option that is best for you. (PeraltaCard, Direct Deposit, By Check)
Students will have 3 choices to receive their disbursement:
- PeraltaCard – One Account: Same-day deposits to students’ HigherOne accounts (Debit Card)
- Direct deposits to another bank account (i.e. Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Credit Union, etc…) (refunds available in 2-3 business days)
- By check, which would be mailed to their home (refunds available in 5-7 business days).
If no option has been selected, you will automatically receive a paper check in the mail 21 days from your disbursement date
**If you have trouble activating or selecting your refund preference or questions regarding your Peralta Card, please contact:
HigherOne Customer Care:
Higher One ATM Locations:
- Laney College – Student center in the dining hall.
- College of Alameda – F building right next to the Cyber Café.
- Berkeley City College – 5th floor in the Student Lounge.
- Merritt College – R building next to Admission and Records and Financial Aid entrance.
NOTE: Students will be able to withdraw money from these ATM Machines without a fee (If students withdraw money from any other ATM or outside bank, they will be charged $2.50 per transaction)
Please note: There is also a $20 replacement fee for lost cards.