Kathy Williamson Home
Hello and Welcome!
My name is Kathy Williamson and I’m an instructor at Laney College and City College of San Francisco. I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my life.
I have always worked in the field of education (from tutoring in High School and College to teaching upon graduation) and I have always loved math! I did my undergraduate work at UC Davis and my graduate work at CSU Hayward (so if any of my students are interested, feel free to ask me about my experiences at either of those Universities!).
At Davis, I majored in Applied Mathematics and German. I studied abroad for a year and worked for one summer in Germany. At CSUH I got my M.S. in Applied Mathematics.
Upon graduation, I taught math at Berkeley High School for a year. For four years after that I worked at Laney College as the Instructional Assistant in Mathematics. After getting my Master’s at Hayward, I worked at Laney College, UC Berkeley (Fall Freshman Program) and San Francisco City College as a mathematics instructor. I was hired at Laney College as a full time mathematics instructor in Spring 2006 and received tenure Spring 2010! I also teach part time at CCSF – usually at the beautiful Mission Campus.
In my free time, I love to hike and I love to sail and I love to travel. I have a lovely daughter named Lenora to keep up with as well…here are a few pictures of her:
Here are some pictures of Lenora at about 1 year old:
And these are the most current (about 2 years old!)
And now, she is 3!!! The first below is Lenora and Eva, her cousin (who also lives with us!).
Another cool thing I did in summer 2014 – I finished making a ring for my husband in the machine shop with the help of Peter Brown and Louis Quindlen:
- The best way to reach me is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have a voicemail that I don’t check very frequently, for an office that I am rarely in: (510) 464 – 3180
Fall 2016 Class Schedule:
- Math Lab Courses at Laney College
- You can also reach me any time using email (the best way to reach me outside of office hours): email@example.com and we can make an appointment to meet.
- MathXL – I have put up chapter lectures, Power Point slides and supporting homework animations/videos before each chapter homework (Math 211, Math 210 and Math 220)
- The Math Lab – located at Laney College in room G-201. Free Drop In Tutoring M-Th 10 am – 7 pm.
- LAC – CCSF Ocean Campus, Library. Free Drop In Tutoring! Click here to find the Tutor Schedule for Statistics at LAC this Summer!
- Online Video Lectures: http://www.khanacademy.org/ or search youtube.com
- Email me and ask me questions