Kathy Williamson Home
Hello and Welcome!
My name is Kathy Williamson and I’m an instructor at Laney College and City College of San Francisco. I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my life.
I have always worked in the field of education (from tutoring in High School and College to teaching upon graduation) and I have always loved math! I did my undergraduate work at UC Davis and my graduate work at CSU Hayward (so if any of my students are interested, feel free to ask me about my experiences at either of those Universities!).
At Davis, I majored in Applied Mathematics and German. I studied abroad for a year and worked for one summer in Germany. At CSUH I got my M.S. in Applied Mathematics.
Upon graduation, I taught math at Berkeley High School for a year. For four years after that I worked at Laney College as the Instructional Assistant in Mathematics. After getting my Master’s at Hayward, I worked at Laney College, UC Berkeley (Fall Freshman Program) and San Francisco City College as a mathematics instructor. I was hired at Laney College as a full time mathematics instructor in Spring 2006 and received tenure Spring 2010! I also teach part time at CCSF – usually at the beautiful Mission Campus.
In my free time, I love to hike and I love to sail and I love to travel. I have a lovely daughter named Lenora to keep up with as well…here are a few pictures of her:
Here are some pictures of Lenora at about 1 year old:
And these are the most current (about 2 years old!)
Another cool thing I did last summer (2014) – I finished making a ring for my husband in the machine shop with the help of Peter Brown and Louis Quindlen:
If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! You can also find me before or after class when I’m teaching.
Fall 2015 Class Schedule:
- Math Lab Courses at Laney College
- CCSF Preparation for Statistics (Math 45) Mission Campus: MW: 5:30 – 8:20 pm
- TTH: 4-5 pm in the Math Lab at Laney College
- W: 5-530 pm and 1 hours before tests/quizzes in the LAC (4th floor, in Library) at CCSF Mission Campus
You can also reach me any time using email (the best way to reach me outside of office hours): email@example.com and we can make an appointment to meet.
- MathXL – I have put up chapter lectures, Power Point slides and supporting homework animations/videos before each chapter homework (Math 211, Math 210 and Math 220)
- The Math Lab – located at Laney College in room G-201. Free Drop In Tutoring M-Th 10 am – 7 pm.
- LAC – CCSF Mission Campus, 4th floor of the Library. Free Drop In Tutoring, when available
- LAC – CCSF Ocean Campus, Library. Free Drop In Tutoring!
- CCSF Math Lab – Bungalow 602, M-TH 8 am-6 pm, F: 8 am–2 pm and even on Saturday from 9 am-1 pm
- Online Video Lectures: http://www.khanacademy.org/ or search youtube.com
- Email me and ask me questions or find me before or after class.