Kathy Williamson Home
Hello Everyone and Welcome!
My name is Kathy Williamson and I’m an instructor at Laney College and City College of San Francisco. I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my life.
I have always worked in the field of education (from tutoring in High School and College to teaching upon graduation) and I have always loved math! I did my undergraduate work at UC Davis and my graduate work at CSU Hayward (so if any of my students are interested, feel free to ask me about my experiences at either of those Universities!).
At Davis, I majored in Applied Mathematics and German. I studied abroad for a year and worked for one summer in Germany. At CSUH I got my M.S. in Applied Mathematics.
Upon graduation, I taught math at Berkeley High School for a year. For four years after that I worked at Laney College as the Instructional Assistant in Mathematics. After getting my Master’s at Hayward, I worked at Laney College, UC Berkeley (Fall Freshman Program) and San Francisco City College as a mathematics instructor. I was hired at Laney College as a full time mathematics instructor in Spring 2006 and received tenure Spring 2010! I also teach part time at CCSF – usually at the beautiful Mission Campus.
In my free time, I love to hike and I love to sail and I love to travel. But most recently, I had a baby (5/21/13). We named her Lenora Mayeda King and here are a few pictures of her:
Here are some memories of years past (before baby!):
Summer (2011), I did a big backpacking trip in the Swiss Alps and Iceland! Here’e me ice climbing in Iceland:
My last ski before Lenora was born (while pregnant!) in Tahoe:
Switzerland, summer 2012
I also love to sail. I used to race pretty regularly in the estuary (maybe I am again by the time you read this!), and take advantage of all possible opportunities to sail in the bay. Here is a picture of me on a J105 racing in the bay and the other is from the Pink Boat race (in benefit of breast cancer). You can’t tell, but the pink boat is a sail boat!
If any of my students enjoy the outdoors as I do, feel free to give me suggestions, tell me about your experiences or ask me about mine!
If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com! You can also find me before or after class when I’m teaching.
Spring 2014 Class Schedule
- CCSF Statistics (Math 80): T,TH: 4:30 – 6:20 and 6:30 – 8:20 pm in Room 230 (CCSF Mission Campus)
- Math 203: Hybrid Intermediate Algebra
- The Math Lab Courses (Math 210, 211 and 220)
How to find me:
- Email is the best way to reach me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I will be working in the Math Lab MW 5-7 pm (Laney campus, G-201)
- I will have office hours M and W from 4-5 pm in G-201 and online Tuesdays (Time TBA!) on Moodle
- For CCSF – I will have office hours before class on Thursday (4-430) in the LAC (4th floor of library on Mission Campus). On test days, I will be there from 330-430. I can also be there 4-430 most Tuesdays, by appointment only.