Kathy Williamson Home
Hello Everyone and Welcome!
My name is Kathy Williamson and I’m an instructor at Laney College and City College of San Francisco. I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my life.
I have always worked in the field of education (from tutoring in High School and College to teaching upon graduation) and I have always loved math! I did my undergraduate work at UC Davis and my graduate work at CSU Hayward (so if any of my students are interested, feel free to ask me about my experiences at either of those Universities!).
At Davis, I majored in Applied Mathematics and German. I studied abroad for a year and worked for one summer in Germany. At CSUH I got my M.S. in Applied Mathematics.
Upon graduation, I taught math at Berkeley High School for a year. For four years after that I worked at Laney College as the Instructional Assistant in Mathematics. After getting my Master’s at Hayward, I worked at Laney College, UC Berkeley (Fall Freshman Program) and San Francisco City College as a mathematics instructor. I was hired at Laney College as a full time mathematics instructor in Spring 2006 and received tenure Spring 2010! I also teach part time at CCSF – usually at the beautiful Mission Campus.
In my free time, I love to hike and I love to sail and I love to travel. But most recently, I had a baby (5/21/13). We named her Lenora Mayeda King and here are a few pictures of her:
Here are some more current pictures of Lenora:
Another cool thing I did this summer – I finished making a ring for my husband in the machine shop with the help of Peter Brown and Louis Quindlen:
If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! You can also find me before or after class when I’m teaching.
Fall 2014 Class Schedule
- CCSF Statistics (Math 80) Mission Campus: Tuesday, Thursday: 4:30-6:20 pm AND 6:30 – 8:20 pm
- Hybrid Intermediate Algebra: Mandatory Orientation on Saturday 9/23 from 10 am – 12 noon in G-203. AND Mandatory Test dates: Saturday: 10am – 12 noon on 9/20, 10/18, 11/8 and 12/6 in room G207
- The Math Lab Courses: Math 210ABCD, Math 211ABCD and Math 220ABCDEFG
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 4-5 pm in the Math Lab at Laney College (G-201)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 1-2 pm online in the Moodle Chat room (for Math 203, Math 210ABCD and Math 211ABCD)
- For CCSF: Tuesdays 820-850 in our classroom and Thursdays 4-430 in the LAC
You can also reach me any time using email (the best way to reach me outside of office hours): email@example.com
- MathXL – I have put up chapter lectures, Power Point slides and supporting homework animations/videos before each chapter homework (for Math 203, Math 211 and Math 210)
- The Math Lab – located at Laney College in room G-201. Free Drop In Tutoring!
- LAC – CCSF Mission Campus, 4th floor of the Library. Free Drop In Tutoring, when available
- LAC – CCSF Ocean Campus, Library. Free Drop In Tutoring!
- Online Video Lectures: http://www.khanacademy.org/ or search youtube.com
- Email me and ask me questions or find me before or after class.