Kathy Williamson Home
Hello and Welcome!
My name is Kathy Williamson and I’m an instructor at Laney College and City College of San Francisco. I wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my life.
I have always worked in the field of education (from tutoring in High School and College to teaching upon graduation) and I have always loved math! I did my undergraduate work at UC Davis and my graduate work at CSU Hayward (so if any of my students are interested, feel free to ask me about my experiences at either of those Universities!).
At Davis, I majored in Applied Mathematics and German. I studied abroad for a year and worked for one summer in Germany. At CSUH I got my M.S. in Applied Mathematics.
Upon graduation, I taught math at Berkeley High School for a year. For four years after that I worked at Laney College as the Instructional Assistant in Mathematics. After getting my Master’s at Hayward, I worked at Laney College, UC Berkeley (Fall Freshman Program) and San Francisco City College as a mathematics instructor. I was hired at Laney College as a full time mathematics instructor in Spring 2006 and received tenure Spring 2010! I usually teach summer school at CCSF (and will Summer 2017!).
In my free time, I love to hike and I love to sail and I love to travel. I have a lovely daughter named Lenora to keep up with as well…here are a few pictures of her:
Here are some pictures of Lenora at about 1 year old:
And these are when she was about 2 years old!
And now, she is 3!!! The first below is Lenora and Eva, her cousin.
Another cool thing I did in summer 2014 – I finished making a ring for my husband in the Laney College machine shop with the help of Peter Brown and Louis Quindlen:
- The best way to reach me is by email: email@example.com
- I have a voicemail that I don’t check very frequently, for an office that I am rarely in: (510) 464 – 3180
Spring 2017 Class Schedule:
- Math 210ABCD, 211ABCD and 220ABCDEFG
- Statistics, MW 1-2:50 pm in G-203 (should be moved from G-210)
- M: 3:30-5:30 pm
- W: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm and 3:30-4:30 pm
- By appointment on just about any day except Tuesday! Email me to set up a time: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outside of office hours, please feel free to email me any time of any day! I check my email 1,000,000 times/day…
- MathXL – I have put up chapter lectures, Power Point slides and supporting homework animations/videos before each chapter homework (Math 211, Math 210 and Math 220). Or use the “Ask My Instructor” button in your homework!
- The Math Lab – located at Laney College in room G-201. Free Drop In Tutoring M-Th 10 am – 7 pm.
- Online Video Lectures: http://www.khanacademy.org/ or search youtube.com
- Email me and ask me questions