Professional Development Home
Welcome to Laney College Professional Development
Laney College Professional Development Committee seeks to support the College’s Educational Master Plan by supporting the intellectual and professional growth of faculty and staff.
Conference funds provide opportunities for faculty and staff to attend seminars, workshops, and conferences. Funds are related to teaching and learning, job enhancement, and professional development. Examples of acceptable activities include:
- attendance at off-campus professional conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- department/discipline on-campus workshops and seminars.
- visiting other colleges or industry settings to review exemplary programs.
- tuition reimbursement for a course (s) related to discipline or work area.
- subscription to scholar journal and/or academic association.
Please click on the links for “forms” to apply for professional development funding.
2nd Wednesdays of each month
F170 Conference Room
2011-2012 Application Submission Deadlines
Plan Ahead! Conference funds must be approved prior to the date of activity.
Application Packet Due by: For the Meeting on:
Tuesday, Oct 8, 2012 Wednesday, Oct 10, 2012
Tuesday, Nov 12, 2012 Wednesday, Nov 14, 2012
Tuesday, Dec 10, 2012 Wednesday, Dec 12, 2012