We, the elected and/or appointed members of the Associated Students of Laney College, determined to represent the student body in regards to relations with the Faculty Senate, Administration, Classified Senate and the community, to stimulate the academic and social life at Laney College, as well as to promote the welfare of the students, and in accordance with the laws of the State of California, hereby establish the Associated Students of Laney College and its governing constitution.
- The Associated Student of Laney College will abide by all Federal, State, County, City, and District policy.
- We, the ASLC, shall voice the concerns and complaints of Laney College students to the best of our ability.
- We, the ASLC, shall help the implementation of planned and spontaneous policy presented by the student body or student government for the betterment of student interest at Laney College.
- We, the ASLC, shall seek student leaders who have demonstrated desire through proposals of implementing projects for the student body.
- We, the ASLC, shall provide support for any grievances submitted by Peralta students and adhere to a solution with in the Peralta institution.
- We, the ASLC, shall provide events that represent the Laney College student body.
- We, the ASLC, shall represent the Laney College Student Body by attending National, State, County, City, and local government functions.
- We, the ASLC, must collaborate with student government at Berkeley City College, College of Alameda, and Merritt College to push for district wide policy for the betterment of the Peralta College student body.