Welcome to the Laney College
We are here to help you to continue your education towards a four-year bachelor’s degree. We offer resources and services for a successful transfer experience. Our services include:
- Transfer counseling and workshops
- Four-year college representative visits
- Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG)
- Concurrent Enrollment & Cross Registration programs
- Computers for research and applications
- Spring UC Davis field trip
- Fall Transfer Day college fair (Click here to see photos from a past Transfer Day)
Click here to visit the Career Services webpage
STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER
Check out the Steps to Transfer and Help Tutorials on the right of this page
UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & EVENTS
- UC Application Workshops – Thu. October 30, November 6 & November 13 from 12-1pm in Tower, Room 201
- Writing the UC Application Personal Statement – Fri. November 7 from 12-1pm at UC Office of the President, 11326 Franklin St.
- Destination Law School Panel & Reception – Tue. November 18 from 6 – 7:30pm in E Building, Room 200.
- CSU Application Workshop - Tue. November 18 from 12-1pm in Tower, Room 201
- UC Application Drop-In Assistance – Thu. November 20 from 11:30am – 1:30pm in Tower, Room 201
Click here for the fall 2014 schedule of four-year college representative visits to Laney.
Click here for a list of four-year college representatives’ contact information.
To attend the workshops or to make an appointment with a four-year college representative, students need to sign up at the Transfer Center or call (510) 464-3135.
TRANSFER ADMISSION GUARANTEES
Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) allows eligible students to enter into a contract with four-year universities. These agreements provide guaranteed admissions upon fulfillment of the contract.
Six University of California (UC) campuses offer guaranteed admission to California community college students who meet specific requirements. The filing period is September 1 – 30 for transfer in the fall semester of the next year. We also have a transfer admission agreement with Golden Gate University. See the links at the top right of this page.
For more information about the TAG, come to the Counseling office or call (510) 464-3152 to schedule an appointment with a counselor before the deadline.
CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT & CROSS REGISTRATION PROGRAMS
Laney students can enroll in one lower division class each semester and earn academic credit at a participating university. Click here for eligibility requirements.
CSU East Bay
John F. Kennedy University
Holy Names University
PARTNERSHIPS WITH UC BERKELEY
Pathways to Four-Year Universities is a new alliance between UC Berkeley and Laney College that provides support and resources to students who intend to transfer to UC Berkeley or another four-year university or college. Pathways is built on two main components: comprehensive advising and summer sessions courses. Click here for more info.
The Starting Point Mentorship Program offers Laney students the opportunity to get paired with a UC Berkeley student mentor who can help them explore their academic potential and prepare for transfer to UC Berkeley. Mentors provide students with information, motivation, and access to resources. Click here for application.
Laney College Career/Transfer Center
Administration Building, 2nd Floor
900 Fallon Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm