Our mission is to increase opportunities for first-generation college students from low-income families and students with disabilities to graduate from Laney College and continue their education at a four-year college.
Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, our TRiO SSS program works with only 140 students a year. Being a part of a smaller program allows students more one-on-one time and personalized support. As a result, students become part of a network of individualized and intensive services designed to enhance your academic and personal development.
Free Services for TRiO SSS Students
TRiO Student Support Services offers numerous Academic Support, Cultural Activities, and Skill Development services for participants. Below is a list of some of the free services provided for TRiO SSS students.
- Academic and Personal Counseling
- Academic Mentoring & Tutoring
- Career Planning
- Transfer Assistance
- Financial Aid Assistance/Financial Literacy
- Visits to 4-year Universities
- Cultural & Enrichment Events
- Priority Registration (for participants who stay in good standing).
We strive to have dynamic services that respond to the changing needs of our students.