Transfer Student Success Home
Transfer Student Success
We regret that the Laney TRiO program is no longer funded through the U.S. Department of Education.
However, thanks to the generosity of Chancellor Laguerre and the support of Laney administration, including President Webb, we continue to serve Laney transfer students.
The policies of our program and our services offered remain the same. We are designed to serve first-generation, low-income students who are seeking to transfer.
Free Services for Transfer Student Success
Transfer Student Success Support Services offers numerous Academic Support, Cultural Activities, and Skill Development services for participants. Below is a list of some of the free services provided for Transfer Student Success.
- Academic and Personal Counseling
- Our counselor is Dennise Eskridge. She is located in Tower-214. You can reach her by phone or email, email@example.com / (510)464-3125
- Office hours:
- Tuesday, Thursday 8:30AM-4:00PM
- Wednesday 8:30AM-3:00PM
- Academic Mentoring & Tutoring
- We will have 3-6 tutors to provide students one-to-one sessions 30 minutes in length.
- Workshops planned for Spring 2016
- Topics include:
- Money Management
- Career Exploration
- Transfer Planning
- Transfer Assistance
- Financial Aid Assistance/Financial Literacy
- Visits to 4-year Universities
- Cultural & Enrichment Events
- Priority Registration (for participants who stay in good standing).
We strive to have dynamic services that respond to the changing needs of our students.
I want to bring to your attention other campus student support programs which may serve you. Please take note:
APASS (The Asian and Pacific American Student Success Program) is accepting applications! They are also transfer support.
o For more information: http://www.laney.edu/wp/apass/
o EOPS: Extended Opportunity Program and Services provides vocational stipends and book vouchers for students challenged by language, social, and economic circumstances.
o CARE: Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education is a program that helps single parents of welfare.
o b2b: Supports former foster youth.
o CalWORKs: assist students for the purposes of gainful employment upon completion at Laney College.
- For more information about these programs: http://www.laney.edu/wp/eops/
- Contact: Mildred Lewis, Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSPS (Disable Students Programs & Services) is available to assist students with disabilities with academic accommodation. Transfer Student Success has collaborated with DSPS to on our Study Skills workshops! They are a great program.
o For more information: http://www.laney.edu/wp/dsps/
o Contact: Karen Talbot: email@example.com
The Welcome Center is your home base for many things including:
Building “A”, Room 101
What you can do in A101:
Apply for Peralta Colleges online
- Add & Drop Classes
- Make payments online
- Fill-out Financial Aid Application Only
- Take photo I.D.
- Make appointment for Assessment Test (Math & English or ESL
- Apply for Transcripts online & print-out unofficial Transcripts
And…do not forget about the Peralta Wellness Center, located in the Tower on the 2nd floor. They have a wonderful array of services—which you pay for with your “health fee”—such as, acupuncture, flu shots, medical services, HIV testing and many more:
Remember, too, that you can access General Counselors on the 3rd floor of the Laney Tower.
Financial Aid hosts weekly workshops on financial literacy, to find out more: http://www.laney.edu/wp/financial_aid/
Finally, DO NOT FORGET TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP. For more info: http://web.peralta.edu/foundation/
On behalf of our team, thank you for your participation in Transfer Student Success, and commitment to your goals. Stay on track, you can do it!
Please stop by Tower-214 and make an appointment or get more info about this program.